Thursday 12 June 2014

I AM HEPHZIBAH


Published in Ten2Teens Magazine Volume 3 on 11/06/2014

If only they knew what it means to you and I,
If only they knew the mystery behind your love,
If only they knew how you really see each one of us,
The veil covering our eyes will be removed
and we will see things in a different light.


You say you delight in me,
yet somehow these words are words not enough,
because of all the heartache.
all the pain that I had to go through.

Confessing my inner thoughts before the world:
Loving you is easy but trusting you? I find it so hard!

Perhaps One day,
I will be secure in your love.
Because I am Hephzibah.
Forever will I be Hephzibah.

Written by Adwoa Asiedu

*Hephzibah in Hebrew means : My delight is in her.

Inspired by Isaiah 62 :4 'No longer will they call you deserted, or name your land desolate.
But you will be called Hephzibah and your land Beulah ; for the Lord will take delight in you
and your land will be married.'

Copyright (c) 2014 Adwoa Asiedu
All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment